Saturday, October 8, 2011

Look Ma!

Has anybody figured out how to do that biking-no-hands thing? I try. Like, actually do. On big wide flat roads because no matter what I do I seem to drift to the right and then I make it about two hundred feet before like wobblewobbleOOOOO and then I'm back on the handlebars feeling like I just cheated death.

"Golden Tree" by Martin Brooks from Ninian Doff on Vimeo.

This is so very twee and I kind of adore it. I just wish I didn't have a minor panic attack trying it. I've seen people just chill upright, texting with both hands and not even looking at the road. How does that go? I can barely balance for ten seconds and as fast as I can text, I can't text that fast or look that composed doing it. Hell, I've seen the Katy Trail bike-bound popo doing it. That's talent, amigos.

1 comment:

  1. My first bike that I bought with my own money also veers to the right. My more recent bikes track straight. I'm gonna make a post about that first bike and the SOBs that sold it to me someday. I still own it.

    Test ride a few other bikes and you'll then realize it isn't you...

    ReplyDelete