Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, yall.

This year, I have to say I'm thankful for my bike. More accurately, I suppose, I'm grateful for all bikes. It was just this past March that I ducked into my parents' garage and plucked out old Bertha, a clunker of a mountain bike they'd purchased at Target some time in the 90s. Three flats and one serious repair later, I was rolling.

And really, that bike has changed me. For the better.

Riding a bike has given me the freedom I didn't know I was missing. Riding a bike put me in touch with a smile I didn't know I had. Riding a bike introduced me to the people I didn't know could live in Dallas. To my people, the people a little more like me. Riding a bike has broken me out of my corporate hole and, simply put, made me a happier person.

So, thank you world, for introducing me to the two-wheeling wonder that is a bicycle. And for making me a kid again.


And I'm grateful for you, dear readers, and all of your lovely comments, support and inspiration. Happy Thanksgiving, yall.

This post was brought to you by a full turkey lunch and several glasses of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment