Monday, August 29, 2011

This is why women don't ride the DART

"Saw you on the train a few times, thought you might want to talk."

Go away you mental fucking midget do I look like I want to talk.

"Uh, not this early in the morning."

"Haha yeah I'm only half here myself ... Gotta say, your voice sounds more mature than I expected."

That's because this is my deep, threatening go-the-fuck-away voice.

"Huh."

Keeps talking at me. Will neither shut the fuck up or go the fuck away. That's when I finished checking my tires and started writing this post. And I'll keep writing till the train comes. I look like a teenager, but I am not a teenager. I am a grown-ass woman with a grown-ass job, and I'm probably the only people on this train who can claim salary and benefits. That's why people don't use public transportation here. In most cities, everyone rides - it's the most convenient way to get around town.
In Dallas, you only ride if you can't afford otherwise. That stigma is going to keep ridership where it is, no matter how many nice new stops the city puts in.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I guess I don't feel so bad about only riding DART once now. TRE rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking DART to work takes longer than riding my bike, so I just ride my bike for the most part.

    ReplyDelete